We need a PM who knows the BA’s from their OBC’s and understands how to negotiate a good deal from the PMO.
If that makes as more sense to you than it does to me then you could be the next person to join our Digital Public Contact (DPC) programme. And it’s a great opportunity to be part of a national programme delivering a real change to British Policing.
The PM (Project Manager) will need to:
- Project manage one or more projects within the DPC work streams working closely with the Operational Work Stream Lead(s) and reporting in to the DPC Programme Manager.
- To implement project level tactical deliverables across technical and change requirements at both national and local levels in accordance with the Vision, Mission and Objectives on behalf of the Work Stream Lead, and provide input on the continuous review of delivery tactics to the Programme Manager.
- Create and manage project level plans based on the scope, deliverables and schedule contained in the overall programme plan.
- Report Risks, Issues, Assumptions, Dependencies and Decisions into the Programme Support function and upwards into the Portfolio Management Office. Actively manage risks and issues within the project through to successful mitigations or resolution.
- Track all deliverables for the project against agreed criteria for time, quality and cost.
- Report exceptions early and provide options and action plans for resolution.
- Report progress weekly using the DPC/DPP Flash Report and Highlight Report templates. On a monthly basis provide input to the Programme Board updates.
- Track actual and forecast spend for the project(s) and report the financial elements up to the DPC Programme Manager
- Manage the day-to-day stakeholder relationships and dependencies and escalate any issues and concerns to the Work Stream lead and DPC Programme Manager as early as possible
- Manage the direction and tasking of resources within the scope of the work stream, including contract/third party resources as well as Police resources.
- Work with the Work Stream lead to set up the appropriate governance structures and procedures for the project.
- Communicate with the team and ensure all members are on board with delegated tasks
- Collaborate with internal teams to design, develop and implement digital projects
- Coordinate the recruitment process for new members of the Project and where required conduct recruitment interviews on behalf or with the Work Stream Lead.